On 10/13/06, Paul Robinson <paul / iconoplex.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2006, at 16:10, Tom Copeland wrote:
> >> Why not setup a clustered setup for some redundancy?  I mean,
> >> if a certain well known corporation was willing to donate
> >> resources to open source projects...
> > Yeah, we may have to do something like this.  The added admin load
> > makes
> > me cringe, though... but, maybe it wouldn't be too bad...
> You need to offload the admin load then. Think about something more
> distributed where if the site is down, there are plenty of mirrors
> out there people can talk to.

This isn't realistic. It would be good if RubyGems had the ability to
search more than one location by default (and not just with the source
parameter), but that's the only thing that is really able to be
mirrored out (and that's because the gems are mirrored out already).
The important parts -- CVS and SVN -- can't be mirrored out in any
way.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca