On Oct 9, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Joe Ruby MUDCRAP-CE wrote:

> Using rake, my tests all passed. And using autotest they all passed,
> until I implemented this test: [...snip...]

If you use some piece of software and you have a problem with it:
FILE A BUG.

Plain and simple. File a bug. It is the best thing to do. The author
sees it and it is persistent so the author can track it, prioritize,
plan, track, and communicate back to the original finder for more
information. The most important part is that first part: "the author
sees it". Ruby-talk is a general ruby discussion mailing list. It is
NOT read by everyone and it certainly gives no guarantee that any
problem you find and discuss will ever be resolved.

This mailing list has been averaging just under 1200 email / week for
the last 6 months and it is continuously rising. It just isn't a good
place for this type of email. Everything you install via 'sudo gem
install' or the like is nearly guaranteed to have a bug tracker on
rubyforge. Use it.