Bret Pettichord wrote:
>> > What am I doing wrong here?
>>
>> Anyone?
>
> Could you please explain what you are trying to do?

I googled "extending watir" and found this...
http://wiki.openqa.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1119, which got me
pointed in the right direction. Here's the definition of the class
extension, although I must admit I don't fully understand it. At any
rate, when I run the test script, "test" is now listed as *public*
method.

class Watir::CheckBox

  def test(property, expectedResult)
    puts("CheckBox.test(\"#{property}\", \"#{expectedResult}\")")

Bret, in response to your query... I'm having to modify the way we are
checking properties on web page controls; visible, enabled, disabled...
blahblah, in order to "conform" to a new way my supervisor wants tests
run. When I started on this project, I was looking at the forms and
running the tests on each form as a whole. We are now breaking the forms
down to their individual components and testing each one, comparing the
expected test results, contained in a SQL Server table, with the actual
result. I only wish someone had thought about that 3-months ago,
probably should've been me actually. Most of the work already done by
myself and a coworker will have to be re-written to conform to the new
testing "model". Oh well... it beats standing in a line!

--Patrick