On 10/10/06, Martin Coxall <pseudo.meta / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are you sure? I think it's all assembler under the hood, although
> > somebody told me it was all circuit design under the hood, and I know
> > one guy who says it's all particle physics under the hood.
>
> You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down.

Ah, grasshopper, but what are those turtles made of?  Molecules =>
Atoms => Particles => Quantum effects

Unless Quantum Effects are turtles. <G>

By the way, I love those "Professor" jokes.  Here are two more:

A linguistics professor was giving a lecture. He told the audience:
"Although there are many examples in many languages of a double
negative having the meaning of a positive. No examples have been found
of a double positive meaning a negative."

At which someone at the back of the hall said: "yeah, yeah".*

A student on the Princeton campus ran into Professor Einstein. The
famous theoretician said, "Excuse me young man, can you tell me where
the Faculty dining hall is?"

The student said: "It's right behind you professor,"

Einstein replied. "Then I must have already EATEN lunch!"

*that first one might not come across well in written form since it
depends on the 'yeah, yeah' being spoken in the right tone with the
second yeah in a lower tone than the first.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/