Daniel Greig wrote:
> Anyway, I stil haven't been able to find any decent references for the
> quicktime library - I'm not even sure what I'm looking for. If you can
> post the extra code you mentioned and any references that you have come
> across I'll let you know how it goes. I still haven't been able to find
> the right references on the apple developer site - I'm sure it's there
> somewhere, I've probably eve looked at it a few times, but I'm starting
> to feel stupid!
>
> Dan

Unfortunately, there's not much available concerning the Quicktime
object model. I find that rather surprizing. What I managed to figure
out was by snooping thru the object browser in a VB6 app that I threw
together.

You may have to change the path of where the sample.mov file is located.
Other than that, this works.

#--
#-- play a Quicktime movie
#--

#-- when this line is executed, Quicktime should be visible
qtApp = WIN32OLE.new("quicktimeplayerlib.quicktimeplayerapp")

#-- get a reference to the first player
qtPlayer = qtApp.players.item(1)

#-- open and play the movie
qtPlayer.openurl("c:\\program files\\quicktime\\sample.mov")
qtPlayer.qtcontrol.movie.play()

qtApp = nil
qtPlayer = nil