On 10/8/06, Zed A. Shaw <zedshaw / zedshaw.com> wrote:
> Wait, oh man this is good.  Ok, I totally missed this but did you actually advocate sex
> with goats or were you joking?

Giles was actually booted because he was hostile, abrasive, and
abusive during the poorly-executed mailing list transfer. He had been
filtering the Rails list to the trash and then the shift to a Google
group broke that filter, so he started getting dozens of mails?and he
like a few other folks got hyper-pissed off about the breaking of
their filters.

The mailing list transfer was poorly executed, but what happened after
that by certain select people affected by it was not a matter of
humour.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca