On 10/8/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
> Giles Bowkett wrote:
> > My question may be too philosophical to have a useful answer. You
> > **could** write Rails in assembly if you really wanted to. The link
> > between a language and frameworks written in it may be too subtle to
> > draw useful conclusions from.
>
> I'm not sure how DHH and the original Rails team came to the decision to
> extract Rails from BaseCamp and release it as an open source project.
> Perhaps that's documented somewhere, but I personally haven't heard that
> story.

It's documented. I've read it. It's relevant but it doesn't entirely
answer the question.

> But it's all C under the hood, you know. :)

Are you sure? I think it's all assembler under the hood, although
somebody told me it was all circuit design under the hood, and I know
one guy who says it's all particle physics under the hood.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesgoatboy.org