Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> writes:

> Dat Nguyen writes:
>
> > My advice is when you program in a particular language, use the idioms of
> > that very language. Don't do it the 'A', 'B' or 'C' way. Scripting language
> > is at the foremost strongest by using regular expression whenever applicable
> > in text processing.

Dat:

I've got some advice too.

You posted a question, asking something about a very basic feature of
all modern scripting languages - hashes.

Rather than suggesting that you do what everyone else here has done
and re-read the guide or the FAQ, Clemens took the time and trouble to
illustrate an alternative approach. Perhaps it had a bug - I think he
viewed it as an illustration, not an answer to an exam question.

However, rather than being grateful, you then come back and belittle
his efforts on your behalf.

From your question, you implied that you have little experience of
scripting languages. And yet here you are, giving condescending advice
to an expert.[1]

So, either you are very experienced, and your original question was a
deception, or you are new to all this, in which case your reply above
is inappropriate.

Either way, it leaves a bad taste.

Dave Thomas

Footnotes:
[1]  And for what it's worth, I happen to think his approach
     was better, and it is one I'd probably have used myself. However,
     you specifically wanted a solution using hashes.