On 10/8/06, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/06, Hal Fulton <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:
> > I do agree that making nil return true for #empty? is the
> > wrong solution.
> Then by simple logic, the right solution will be to have it return false

No, that's by simplistic logic. This is *not* a boolean situation; nil
is neither full nor empty. Is zero full or empty? Is a scrambled egg
full or empty?

Nil -- and fixnums -- belongs to an infinitely large class of things
which are not-containers. Since they aren't containers, even asking
whether such things are empty is a nonsensical question.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca