I don't think of the blocks in the same way the real problem is that
since the open brace is so close to the close to another character I
have trouble actually seeing the brace itself.  Editors that support
brace matching are great and I use them but they don't help much if I
am looking at code in a book or on a webpage.

When I say "until such time as the defacto requirement for K&R style
formating with respect to blocks is removed..." I do not mean making
said style illegal in anyway, all I mean is that programs breaking
because someone didn'r use this style is eliminated.

Thanks for the pointers with libraries and such.

David just because you like a given way of formatting does not mean
that everyone else should have to use it while they are creating
something even if they are working with you.  The points you brought
up are the reason people need to be using comments in code not a
reason for the language itself to try and force a method of formatting
onto its users.  I can't count how many times i have seen code that
while well formatted does not make nearly as much sense as it could
because whoever wrote the code did not put in enough comments if any
at all.  In the real world you speak of people need to actually
explain themselves when others are going to be reading the code the
formatting of the code is almost entirely secondary.
This is what wikipedia has on the ternary operator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%3F:

(Are you sure you actually now what you are talking about what with
the overwhelming arrogance that you are exuding and all?)

I should have said that the ternary operator is a conditional
expression that often serves the same or very simillar functinction as
a "traditional" if statement in c/c++

However my real point was that requiring things like that which can be
very difficult to read is a mistake on the part of the people creating
the syntax of a language and that point still stands.
The only person who is flaming anyone here is you my friend.