--------------enig78555F5272974ABBF9FA776F

Kevin Olemoh wrote:
> People really should be able to write code in the way that they
> understand

Let me introduce you to Real Life. This specific variant of that
interesting game has you working as a programmer. And lo and behold, you
work on a project with several people on it. And it's highly probable
some 75%-90% of your work will be in a team, and some of that will be
either maintaining code written by others, or writing code others maintai=
n.

People should write code OTHERS will understand. Irregardless of your
personal preference, you are to use the prevalent / official convention
in a given language when writing any nonpersonal code.
Whitespace-sensitivity flames aside, this is one of the points on which
Guido van Rossum is so right it ain't funny anymore.

> ternary operator (A special form of if in c/c++)

Ternary operator isn't a special form of if in C or C++. I don't feel in
the mood for prechewing and spoonfeeding, so no code snippets today.

Also, for heaven's sake, LEARN a programming language before you flame it=
=2E

> I have a workaround

Which you shouldn't use.

[snip rest of rant]