--------------enig78555F5272974ABBF9FA776F

Kevin Olemoh wrote:
> People really should be able to write code in the way that they
> understand

Let me introduce you to Real Life. This specific variant of that
interesting game has you working as a programmer. And lo and behold, you
work on a project with several people on it. And it's highly probable
some 75%-90% of your work will be in a team, and some of that will be
either maintaining code written by others, or writing code others maintain.

People should write code OTHERS will understand. Irregardless of your
personal preference, you are to use the prevalent / official convention
in a given language when writing any nonpersonal code.
Whitespace-sensitivity flames aside, this is one of the points on which
Guido van Rossum is so right it ain't funny anymore.

> ternary operator (A special form of if in c/c++)

Ternary operator isn't a special form of if in C or C++. I don't feel in
the mood for prechewing and spoonfeeding, so no code snippets today.

Also, for heaven's sake, LEARN a programming language before you flame it.

> I have a workaround

Which you shouldn't use.

[snip rest of rant]

David Vallner