On 10/6/06, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb / nasa.gov> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> > The wiki is hosted on my site for now:
> >
> > http://www.headius.com/rubyspec
> >
> > Won't you folks (experts and nubys alike) contribute a bit on your
> > favorite language feature, library, or implementation quirk? You'll be
> > my hero if you do!
>
> What happened to good ol' Rubicon,
>
>   http://www.rubycentral.com/downloads/rubicon.html
>
> the creature that allowed Pickaxe?
>
> I noticed a bunch of dots last time I did a 'make test'...

That has been forked off into oblivion it seems. Ryan Davis started
the BFTS project not long after RubyConf05 but it is only available in
a perforce repository last I heard. I am still interested in working
on stuff like this but I personally think that the project should be
much more open and available [1].

A wiki like RubySpec is just what we need to get started IMHO. Maybe
we could even make use of _why's awesome sandboxed wiki technology to
provide inline test content along side whatever words and examples we
start putting together.

In the future, we could write some sort of extraction mechanism to
pull both docs and tests into projects that might want to take
advantage of such. The reverse might be possible as well if
BFTS/Rubicon and the wiki share enough conventions.

Brian.

[1] No offense meant to the efforts that have been made. It just isn't
a very visible project and that hurts awareness and possible
contribution.