Dat Nguyen writes:

> >From: Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net>
> >To: ruby-talk / netlab.co.jp (ruby-talk ML)
> >Subject: [ruby-talk:02172] Ruby - Show Me
> >Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:46:32 +0200 (CEST)
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >Dave has already shown a excellent solution. Only to show that there
> >is more than one way to go, I would like to add my solution here. Just
> >to be different I do not use Hashes:

> The first spelling 'Alpha' is totally missing and there is no blank line
> between the two words "abc" & "defg".
> Your version ignores all 'a' characters in the input string no matter where

Yeah! There was an bug, I should check against greater-or-equal ?A.

> My advice is when you program in a particular language, use the idioms of
> that very language. Don't do it the 'A', 'B' or 'C' way. Scripting language
> is at the foremost strongest by using regular expression whenever applicable
> in text processing.

Thanks for the advice. Not that I wouldn't need it ... :-)

Sorry for let you getting me wrong, but my script was never intend to
be a concurrence to Dave's one. It just shows another way of solving
the problem. I have never claimed that my solution is a better one!

Of course, Dave's way was the only *right* way to go. I would also
have solved it that way! But I have decided against Hashs because I
want to show *another* way!!!

> Bravo Dave, you are really the champion! By now you should realize that I
> pay attention to details and deserve a look at the draft of your book,
> unless you prefer an errata.

Although you have spoken to Dave directly but I really would like to
know, what do you mean with that sentence... I hope I am guessing
wrong, but ...

> Dat

\cle

--
Clemens Hintze  mailto: c.hintze / gmx.net