Hello.

Where I work, we have to develop and maintain a quite huge application
fully written in Visual Basic 6 [1].

Quite a few tasks should be automated, and being the magical-one-liner-
script guru of the workplace, I'm the one tasked with a bunch of things.

So, I could continue to throw together bunches of ugly ruby and perl
scripts written each to achieve one specific goal, or I could try to
think a bit further and try to implement something more elegant,
powerful, and adaptable.

But, to do that, I need to parse advanced VB6 code, to a quite fine
grained point.  For instance, detecting dead code and dead variables.

I took a look at some projects out there, including full-fledged parsers
(none in ruby, or none fully useable, AFAI), but I didn't manage to do
much.

Are there any solutions out there that I overlooked ?  Someone around
who has some experience in the domain to give pointers (though I'd
gladly accept code too... :) ) ?

Fred
[1] : This is the point where everyone goes hiding behind the couch...
--
Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a
tremendous fuss about its cleverness.                 (Aleister Crowley)