Hi --

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Ken Collins wrote:

> I sure could...
>
> The hash is going to be real small. It would at most only have 3 or 4 keys.
> The one I want has a prefix of an arbitrary string with any amount of number
> after it. I need to know if this key is present so that I can run a
> conditional block of code. It would be a bonus to get some match data back on
> that last series of digits in the regexp.
>
> I would like to use something like this:
>
> def foobar
> if hash.has_key?(/^foo_\d+$/)
> end
> end

I'm having trouble following this thread, because some message bodies
aren't appearing -- but the basic answer is: /.../ is itself a
potential hash key (since keys can be any object), so you have to do
something other than just hand it off to has_key? if you want to
search for a string key that matches it.

David

--
                   David A. Black | dblack / wobblini.net