On 10/3/06, Peter Szinek <peter / rubyrailways.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to mention JavaXPCOM ;-)

I knew there'd be something. It's too good an idea to not have some
implementation already.

I imagine (have not looked) that it takes the form of other Java to
*COM libraries, and given that it should be pretty simple to use it
for scripting Mozilla in lots of neat ways. At this point I don't
think we're even talking about applets anymore, so security models and
such shouldn't even enter into it. And if the loose library files
become an issue, you can often just go without them; the builtin
classes in Ruby provide most of the features you'd need to script some
application.

Again, I won't have time to look at this in the short term, but it
sounds like a great use for JRuby.

--
Contribute to RubySpec! @ www.headius.com/rubyspec
Charles Oliver Nutter @ headius.blogspot.com