Kenneth McDonald wrote:
> Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>> Kenneth McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> Given that JRuby runs on Java, and Java can, I believe be used to script
>>> Mozilla, is anyone working on a way to use JRuby to script Mozilla?
>>>

>>   I'm afraid you're making a common confusion: Javascript runs natively
>> inside mozilla. Not Java. These two languages share the beginning of
>> their name, but it's around all.
>>

> Yes, but there is a Java plugin capability for Mozilla--I aware of the
> difference :-). However,
> I don't have any experience with Java/Mozilla myself, so I don't know
> exactly how much
> can be done (and can't check right now, as mozdev.org is down for
> maintenance.)

  As far as I know (but I never wrote Java applets), Mozilla just gives
a place where Java can display and get user interaction, but that's
around all. I don't think you can directly interact with the browser
from within a Java applet. So what you're looking for seems rather
difficult.

  But that is just my opinion ;-)

	Vince