over Mac OS X the latest and ruby 1.8.4 i've found strange interferences
between the shell (in my case zsh) and arguments to a ruby script if one
of the args is a Regexp as for examples :

/to.*/      - case 1
/^Tit.*/    - case 2

 - case 1 (not the most seriaus) gave an answer from zsh BEFORE any
answer of my ruby script :

~/Desktop%> ruby test_args.rb /to.*/
zsh: no matches found: /to.*/

 - case 2 seems to be DANGEROUS because it gaves me a kot of unexepected
args :

~/Desktop%> ruby test_args.rb /^Tit.*/
/Applications/
/Developer/
/Library/
/Network/
/System/
/Users/
/Volumes/
/automount/
/bin/
/cores/
/dev/
/etc/
/opt/
/private/
/sbin/
/tmp/
/usr/
/var/

Notice i've discovered that when designing a small script in order to
delete files )))

Obviously i've found a workaround using quotes around the regexp :

~/Desktop%> ruby test_args.rb "to.*"

but in that case i need another arg to my script in order to tell ruby
it is a regular expression.

did someone have the same quirk ?
--
une bue