--------------enig0826EC29F1917B4F504042B8

Dirk L├╝sebrink wrote:
> thank you all for input on my little question. by now i'm quite sure i an't trick the ruby parser in accepting 10:30 for anything else than a
> syntax error. But i'm quite happy with the propsals, the one i like best
> is:
>
>   'from 1030 to 1130'
>
> this is reasonable close to what i had in mind(but what is with '0900' llegal octal digit?).

As Christian Neukirchen corrected me, you can't use times with leading
zeroes like that. Use only 900 instead of 0900? I still can't think
where that would be ambiguous, provided you always indicate hour+minute
times, never mixing them with only hour and only minute times in a context.

David Vallner