Dr Nic wrote:
> Giles Bowkett wrote:
>> I think it's obvious that succinctness is a particular power, but the
>> question of succinctness being equivalent to power, I'm still somewhat
>> unconvinced.
>
> Perhaps he's inferring a non-equivalence relationship, but perhaps a "is
> propotional to" relationship, or similar based on how you go about
> measuring succinctness and power in the first place.
>
> Nic

Well, considering that Paul Graham is a Lispnik, I think we can infer
what his definitions of "powerful" and "succinct" in a programming
language are. What would be interesting to me would be where he stands
on the great "Common Lisp vs. Scheme" divide. Or what he thinks of
Forth, the "other succinct and powerful language." :)

Perhaps more to the point would be a comparison of Lisp, Scheme and Ruby
as hosts for internal domain-specific languages. Didn't somebody do that
already?