On Sep 30, 2006, at 11:21 PM, David Vallner wrote:

> Xavier Noria wrote:
>> I want to ask ncurses for the terminal size, or to clear the screen,
>> nothing more fancy than that. I have been playing around a bit
>> without
>> luck, a bit blindly due to the lack of library docs. Can anyone help?
>>
>> -- fxn
>>

> Lack of docs for -curses-?!

Lack of ncurses-ruby docs.

> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/82359

Yeah, I already glanced over that document before asking for help.

> If you find out the author of a Ruby binding didn't go through
> copy/pasting the underlying C library's documentation on his
> website for
> convenience, just look that up, or go figure in irb.

Yes I did. The library docs says "This wrapper provides access to the
functions, macros, global variables and constants of the ncurses
library. These are mapped to a Ruby Module named "Ncurses": Functions
and external variables are implemented as singleton functions of the
Module Ncurses."

I played around with irb, with the output of Ncurses.methods.sort,
etc. without luck.

> Besides, the
> standard ruby curses binding works fine enough for that. Having never
> before used Curses, irb tells me about Curses::init_screen,
> Curses::lines, Curses::cols, and Curses::clear...

Ah, now that is Curses, a standard library I didn't remember
(different from ncurses). In that library what I need is
straigthforward to get.

-- fxn