Rich Morin wrote:
> This is probably old news to many here, but I found it
> to be an interesting read, with implications for Ruby.
>
>   "Succinctness is Power"
>   Paul Graham
>
> -r
I'm totally underwhelmed by Paul Graham's writings. First of all,
succinctness in programming languages gives rise to languages like
Forth, Scheme/Lisp, and APL. While all three have their cults, and all
three are still in use in their well-defined niches, they are not viable
candidates for most programming projects for one reason or another.

Second, the "conventional wisdom" is that the power of Ruby comes from
dynamic typing, flexible syntax, metaprogramming, and a kind of "upward
compatibility" from Perl.I don't think succinctness is a factor.