Isn't there a business rule that postulates that a person can be
promoted starting at the level of his/her own incompetence? Kind of in
the same vein. Maybe not. But in terms of succinctness being power as
Paul Graham article states, I wouldn't jump on that bandwagon for sure.
I could whip up some obfuscated, cryptic Perl line of code that is very
succinct for my company's internal development but if I was to get hit
by a bus someone would pick up the code and frown menacingly and throw
their hands up to the heavens (or down to the hells perhaps).

Terse doesn't mean powerful. It means ugly IMHO. I like to use Ruby for
its elegance and readability. If it takes a few more lines of code to
express myself I still prize those selling points above being a man of
few words. After all, breaking things down to binary form I could just
punch a bunch of 0's and 1's. But what fun would that be?