On Saturday, September 30, 2006, at 4:30 AM, Esad Hajdarevic wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>
>> I have used vruby and other GUI frameworks only sparingly and years ago,
>> but they usually differentiate between creating a window and displaying
>> it on screen.
>
>The problem with the form is that after you show it, you should enter
>the messageloop, and in case of dialog vruby does that for you (it enter
>the messageloop after the dialog is closed and then returns a value).
>
>I simply added something like this (after form creation)
>
>Thread.new { VRLocalScreen.messageloop }
>
>which createas a messageloop for the form in background, this thread
>dies after the form has been closed.
>
>It worked!
>
>I feel vruby has a great potential, it is too pity it so chaotic and
>undocumented. If I could find few more people, I'd be willing to spend
>some time creating english documentation, cleaning up the sources,
>applying patches, starting a mailing list, a nice english webpage etc.
>
>Esad

You might want to check out VRTools to see about the holes in VRuby that
it fills (gem install VRTools).

- Supports Tabbing in forms
- Allows creation of forms and dialogs using a similar mechanism
- Adds support for right click menus
- Adds a layout manager for VRuby forms
- Allows test first to be used on a form

Steve Tuckner
--
Posted with http://DevLists.com.  Sign up and save your mailbox.