On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 06:10:58AM +0900, Clifford T. Matthews wrote:

>     Keith> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 02:10:52AM +0900, Clifford
>     Keith> T. Matthews wrote:
>     >> I wrote some code that deliberately uses continuations that
>     >> cross a fork boundary.  When I went to test it, I was surprised
>     >> by the error: "continuation called across trap".  I can think
>     >> of a few reasons why people might not want to use continuations
>     >> across fork, but not knowing Ruby internals particularly well,
>     >> I couldn't see a reason why it should be absolutely prohibited.
>
>     Keith> Probably because you're attemptin to jumP to part of a
>     Keith> completely different process. Program counters can't jump
>     Keith> between processes like that.
>
> Thanks for the reply.

Ok, after reading the rest of your reply, I think I may have misunderstood
you. Could you give us a minimal fragment of code to trigger this? It could
be an OS-specific problem.

K.

--
Keith Gaughan -- kmgaughan / eircom.net -- http://talideon.com/
...we must explain to our friends and allies, as well as Russia, ...