On Sep 28, 2006, at 4:49 PM, Keith Gaughan wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 02:10:52AM +0900, Clifford T. Matthews wrote:
> Probably because you're attemptin to jumP to part of a completely
> different
> process. Program counters can't jump between processes like that.

I don't think he is trying to initiate a continuation in the child
from the parent
or vice versa (right Clifford?). If you create a continuation before
the fork, and then fork,
both the parent and the child process will have duplicate copies of
the continuation.
You've cloned the process and everything inside it including the
continuations.

Having the child resume its continuation or the parent resume its
continuation
should be ok. I'm surprised that it didn't work.  It is either an
oversight or something
about the way Ruby implements fork (exceptions or IO?), but I don't
think it is an inherent problem in
the concept.

Gary Wright