I've just uploaded RMagick 1.14.0 to RubyForge. There have been many, many
changes since the previous release. Here's the highlights:

o   For those folks who are familiar with the ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick
    commands and options, I've added a new page to the documenation titled
    "Magick Command Options and Their Equivalent Methods". This page is a
    side-by-side comparison of ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick options and
RMagick
    methods. If you have a favorite Magick shell script this table will
help you
    convert it to Ruby.

o   New support for CMYK->RGB conversion: the two new methods
add_profile and
    delete_profile, and the black_point_compensation attribute. I've also
    cleaned up the existing profile!, iptc_profile, and color_profile
methods.

o   Four new compositing methods: blend, displace, dissolve, and watermark.

o   Use the new find_similar_region method to determine if an image overlaps
    part (or all) of another image.

o   Two new methods for reading IPTC profile data: get_iptc_dataset and
    each_iptc_dataset.

o   Two new methods in the "adaptive" group: adaptive_blur and
adaptive_resize.

And that's not all. See the Change Log for details.

RMagick is available as always from RubyForge:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rmagick/. (This release is not yet
available for
MS Windows.) The RMagick home page is http://rmagick.rubyforge.org.

RMagick is an interface to the ImageMagick (www.imagemagick.org) and
GraphicsMagick (www.graphicsmagick.org) image processing libraries.
RMagick supports more than 90 image formats, including GIF, JPEG, PNG.
It includes RVG, a 2D drawing API. RMagick comes with comprehensive
HTML documentation.