Does one exist? I wanted to have a look at how one would go about
it. Or to be more specific, I need to make a web interface that I can
use to search the available gems, and list their descriptions and
versions. I can use the normal gem command line to actually install
stuff. But I want to do quick local auto complete searches of
available gems.

	Basically all I need is the info that comes from a gem list --
remote. But I want to pull this info every few hours and insert it
into my database so I can use it in my web interface. What would be
the most polite way of doing this as far as rubygems are concerned?
Should I just parse the gem list --remote with regexes? Doesn't seem
like the way to go really. And http://docs.rubygems.org/  is down
right now so I can't read up on it.

	Is there an easier way to do this built into rubygems already? I
suppose my next step will be to just read the source and figure it
out but if anyone has suggestions then please let me know,.

Cheers-
-Ezra