On 9/28/06, Paul Lutus <nospam / nosite.zzz> wrote:
> Longinos Ruvalcaba wrote:
>
> > I figure it out, sorry it was very easy, a friend that came over told
> > me,
> > It's a little emberessing, that I want to learn programming and
> > something so simple would crash me, it was Alt Gr + q
>
> Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us. In 1977 I got my first personal
> computer, an Apple II. I wanted to write some cool stuff, but first I had
> to get into BASIC. The instructions said "Type 'control-B' to get into
> BASIC".
>
> I must have typed "control-B" a thousand times.

I guess that that was before the autostart ROM.

When I bought my Apple ][, the ][+ had already come out.  But I got it
with the Apple Integer basic ROMS, and a Language card which let me
load AppleSoft basic or Pascal.

Back then there was a lot of software which only ran on Integer basic.

But it did have autostart.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby