"Conrad Schneiker" <schneiker / jump.net> writes:

> > There are some technical and copyright issues to address, but we hope
> > to provide at least some parts of the book on the web. Watch this
> > space...
>
> OK, I've been watching this space for several hours now....
> And in the last hour or so, the book sometimes almost seems to come into
> view....
> More coffee. ...
> Must stay awake. ...
> Must not miss it. ...
> Must not miss it. ...

Heh - that's exactly how we feel, and we're writing it.

A quick status report. We've got the internal library stuff documented
and it's been reviewed (thank you to all those that helped). We've got
about 100 pages of introduction and tutorial, 20 pages on writing
extensions, 30 odd pages in lib/ stuff done, but not yet ready to be
reviewed. There are about 50-70 more pages to do on miscellaneous
topics. Then we'll be ready for the second round of reviews.

We're hoping to get that done by the mid to end of April.

So, we're getting there. We'll be publishing stuff on the web when we
can be sure it's accurate and presentable (and we get permission from
Addison-Wesley to do so).

In the meantime, we'll just lurk here and annoy people.

Regards

Dave