Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Robert. I'll look into that line-by-line technique. The
> reason I probably haven't used it is that I often need to search for
> or accommodate data that spans over multiple lines.

Yeah, in that case File.read is clearly superior (if the file fits into
memory that is). For me line by line is the default because it scales better
and I switch only to slurp in at once if I need line spanning.  But then
again my typical problem might be different from yours so your different
default might actually be the better solution for you.

Kind regards

    robert