--W/+CTqSGWdiRg+8j

On 2006.09.28 14:32, Hal Fulton wrote:
> Eero Saynatkari wrote:
> >
> >I would go so far as saying that the standard Ruby syntax for this is
> >
> >  foo.x y, z
>
> I don't know what you mean. That is not valid in Ruby (unless
> x is a singleton method). In particular it doesn't work if
> foo.x is a Proc, which is the situation discussed.

It is valid if x is a method that foo responds to.

Storing callable objects seems not a very rubyesque
thing to do--albeit necessary on occasion. In lieu
of worrying about keeping interface compatibility
with Python, I would recommend the OP merely make
the API as idiomatic Ruby as possible.

> Hal

--W/+CTqSGWdiRg+8j

--W/+CTqSGWdiRg+8j--