Ken Bloom wrote:

/ ...

>> Qt works with Ruby, but it isn't written in Ruby.
>
> I know that. Obviously, there's no difficulty protecting your investment
> in a commercial C++ app using QT. But I've heard the question about
> writing commerical apps in ruby before, this point seemed related, and was
> curious why anybody would try it. (Or whether anybody had come up with a
> way to do it.)

This makes me wonder how many Ruby newbies fully understand what sort of
environment Ruby (or Perl, or Python) is. It would be a shame for some of
them to invest a lot of time learning Ruby with the expectation of
eventually packaging their code in some sort of bulletproof delivery box.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com