Guillaume Cottenceau <gc / mandrakesoft.com> writes:

> > You do understand that because Fixnums are immutable, that the instance that
> > ObjContainer.o refers to is actually a *different* object after the doit_()
> > method processes it, right? That is to say, if you were to compare the
> > object id of ObjContainer.o before and after calling doit_(), you'd get
> > different ids.
>
> Of course.

And I'd like to add that this issue is mostly an implementation trick to
have faster numbers manipulations. From your programs you will seldomly
take advantage of this "feature", on contrary you will shoot yourself
sometimes when you don't remember this basic thing ;p.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/