On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:27:55 -0700, Christian Madsen wrote:

> I found a funny feature of Ruby tonight: if possible, commandline
> arguments are automatically globbed. For instance in a directory with
> one file foo.bar:
>
> test.rb *.bar
> => ARGV = ['foo.bar']
>
> test.rb *.html
> => ARGV = ['*.html']

If a file matching the glob exists, then your shell globs it.
If a file matching the glob doesn't exist, then
* csh spits out an error message, always
* bash just passes the glob unchanged (as "*.html" here)

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/
I've added a signing subkey to my GPG key. Please update your keyring.