Eero Saynatkari wrote:
> On 2006.09.28 04:25, Michael W. Ryder wrote:
>> Eero Saynatkari wrote:

>>> This one:
>>>
>>>  http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/curses/rdoc/classes/Curses.html
>>
>> The source code shows that it uses Curses' move() function which is a
>> macro to wmove() as I described above.
>
> No, move() moves the cursor (wmove() moves a specified window's cursor).
>
> Confusingly, Ruby's Curses bindings also have a .move which actually
> uses mvwin() which moves the window itself.

ALL input/output in Curses is done with windows.  The only difference
between move() and wmove() is that move() passes the current window to
the wmove() function.  When you first start Curses it creates a window
and sets it as the current window.  Unless you create another window and
change to it this window is used for all I/O.