On 27 Sep 2006, at 13:31, Carl Drinkwater wrote:

> Seems pretty simple, huh?  The URL to the full challenge
> description is

[snip]

I've just spent since 4pm (it's now 22:40 local time) working on
this. :-D

I've managed to get it down to 426 bytes which is *rubbish* - 20/21
overall, 11/12 for Ruby - but I'm now going to actually, you know,
get some other stuff done. I give in. There are clearly better men
than I on that thing.

> I found it more difficult than I first thought it would be, but the
> code was a lot of fun to write.  At the time of writing the best
> Ruby entry is 169 bytes.  Can you beat it?

This is now down to 128. I can only assume there is a better formula
out there than the one I'm using - I built my formula off my own
back. If there is an easier way to calculate it, feel free to shout
me off-list so I can take another stab at it.

--
Paul