From: Dave Thomas:

> "Dat Nguyen" <thucdat / hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > Since Tutorial on Ruby in english is still a precious commodity, the
growth
> > of the Ruby community outside Japan is still mild.

If only it were a commodity at all! However, you might be able to generate
some interest in extending the Ruby User Guide.

Speaking of which, how come the Ruby User Guide isn't on
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/doc.html? (Hmm, where did I discover it? Maybe
in the distribution?)  Anyway, I would recommend adding the Ruby User Guide
to the Ruby Documents page, especially since I think it is the best brief
English introduction to Ruby at the moment.

> > It would be very helpful if the draft of the Ruby book by Dave & Andy is
> > accessible electronically.
>
> There are some technical and copyright issues to address, but we hope
> to provide at least some parts of the book on the web. Watch this
> space...

OK, I've been watching this space for several hours now....
And in the last hour or so, the book sometimes almost seems to come into
view....
More coffee. ...
Must stay awake. ...
Must not miss it. ...