On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Hans Fugal wrote:

> Ara.T.Howard wrote:
>>
>> yes, it will require deep ruby and 'c' knowledge
>>
>>   http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/acgi/acgi-0.1.0/README
>>
>> and, obviously
>>
>>   http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/acgi/
>>
>> i think it's a potentially powerful idea.  if you know how to make it
>> faster, please do so and send in a patch.  at this point only a factor of
>> 2x is need to close the gap on fastcgi.  at this point the emphasis is on
>> making it as fast as possible.  scalibility and portability might come
>> next.
>>
>> good luck.
>>
>> -a
>
> That looks way cool. I heartily support it. I have some C IPC experience,
> but not in windows.

have a whack at it!  ;-)  i played with threaded versions, non-threaded
versions, versions using mmap, versions using named pipes, versions using
shared memory (sysv ipc), etc.  none were significantly fast than the simple
version.  also, i was trying to make a *nix impl which at least stood a chance
of being ported to windows - thus the use of named pipes.

at the moment it's just a toy, but it could become something.

regards.

-a
--
in order to be effective truth must penetrate like an arrow - and that is
likely to hurt. -- wei wu wei