On 26 Sep 2006, at 00:10, Phrogz wrote:

> What's the best source for the opposite? Learning Rails for those who
> already know Ruby? I'm frustrated by the number of intro tutorials to
> rails that have things like "I learned that @foo is called an
> 'instance
> variable'".

I spent time banging my head on the desk when I was trying to pick up
Rails, too.  Plus I suffer from terminal overdose of cuteness
whenever I come within 20 yards of those "Head First" books.

> While I'm asking for some me-centric stuff, how about the best
> resource
> for "Rails for the veteran web developer who's used to rolling every
> bit of HTML and CSS and JS by hand and is having trouble learning to
> re-use existing helper methods, and is instead spending gobs of time
> writing 'convenience' methods when that time should be spent cranking
> out the site." :)

Yup, that's me!

Agile Web Development with Rails (2nd Ed) is going to be your answer,
but I think you'd enjoy Ruby for Rails, too; I know I did.

Paul