Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate group to ask for assitance with Ruby on Rails, so let me know if it isn't.

Anyways, I am having trouble figuring out how to setup what would appear to be a simple has_one/belongs_to relationship.

I have my tables as follows:

	address = {address_id(PK), street_number, street_name, ....}
	venue = {venue_id(PK), venue_name, address_id}

Now, logically, each Venue has one address, but an address may be associated to multiple entities. For example:

	contact = {contact_id, contact_given, contact_surname, address_id}

If I put the following:

	class Venue < ActiveRecord::Base
		set_table_name "venue"
		set_primary_key "venue_id"
		has_one :address
	end

	class Address < ActiveRecord::Base
		set_table_name "address"
		set_primary_key "address_id"
		belongs_to :venue
	end

Then rails is expecting the venue_id field to be present in the address table. It seems illogical to setup the relationship with the "belongs_to :address" tag in the Venue model, as a Venue does not belong to an address, it has an address.

Is there a way to setup this relationship to use the correct linking?

Regards,