quoth the M. Edward (Ed) Borasky:

> Yeah ... too bad Portage is written in Python, isn't it?
>
> :)

Ahhh, I guess you are talking about something more integrated with portage. I
thought you were talking about a quick script that will write an ebuild from
a gem.

I'm getting curious though and think I may look into this deeper. Looks like
you would have to scan the metadata.gz if you dont have a gemspec.

There is some talk from some of the devs about purging gems from portage and
having a separate utility for installing them like g-cpan for all the Perl
cpan modules...

-d