On 21.09.2006 05:20, Devin Mullins wrote:
> Devin Mullins wrote:
>> Do we need separate terms to describe the different meanings Eric
>> enumerated (and potentially others)? Well, no, but it'd be helpful.
>> I'll start.
> Oh, and lastly:
>
> Can we expect everybody in the world to conform to a standard set of
> vocabulary, should we come to agree on one? HELL NO!

Devin, I don't want to stress this but you may be underestimating the
value of clear terms a bit.  IMHO we should at least /try/ to get a
common understanding of some core concepts so we talk past each other as
little as possible.  So, yes I think these discussions are necessary
from time to time.  Sometimes the line between persistence and zealotry
is blurred.  And unfortunately sometimes these discussions then take
such an unfriendly turn as this thread did.

Kind regards

	robert