On 9/20/06, zerohalo <zerohalo / gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul Lutus wrote:
> > Just one question. Do you want the existing Web server to serve your Ruby
> > code, or do you require the server to be Ruby-based also?
> >

> No, the server doesn't need to be Ruby-based. I could use lighttpd or
> apache to serve the code.
>
> > If the former, you can tell Apache to serve Ruby scripts that contain the
> > usual CGI conventions. That seems simple enough. And it might not be what
> > you are asking for.
>
> That's the part I'm missing. I find Apache extremely difficult to
> configure (beyond the basics). How would I tell Apache to serve Ruby
> scripts?

In a recent thread (eruby?) someone mentioned adding
> AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
> Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
to httpd.conf

In my win installation there is c:/ruby/bin/erb.bat so I suppose there
is something similar in unix. Now either add #!/usr/bin/erb to the top
of any .cgi file or, preferably, do something similar to the above,
somehow telling apache to run erb.

(I'm not an apache guru, so these are just hints to get you started...)