Hi!

I'm just making my first C extension and have a question about creating
a reference to a ruby variable, that's passed as a method parameter to
my C
equivalent of initialize. I need this variable to be available after the
method has exited because I wan't to call methods on the class
represented by that variable.

This is what I've done so far after reading the README.EXT etc,

static VALUE ref;

/* The initialize method. */
static VALUE init(VALUE self, VALUE arg)
{
  ref = arg;
  rb_global_variable(&ref);
}

Then later on I wan't to use it like this:

void call(void)
{
  rb_funcall(ref, rb_intern("some_method"), 0, 0);
}

Is this the right way to do it or should I solve the problem in another
way?

Greatful for a fast reply!

Thanx
Christer