On 9/19/06, Ola Bini <ola.bini / ki.se> wrote:
> Actually, the name is more about the fact that you can use regular
> duck-type techniques (like respond_to?),

Note: if you're calling #respond_to? you're not doing duck typing.
You're doing contract validation, perhaps, but not duck typing. Duck
typing is just calling a method and expecting that it will be
implemented. It's *trusting* your callers to do the right thing.

Now, I sometimes use #respond_to? -- but it isn't duck typing.

Additionally, if it's an external validation suite -- I haven't looked
at the project -- it isn't really checking against live code.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca