Nathaniel Talbott:

> OK, this will probably end up being an RCR, but first I want to get
> some feedback. Does this construct bother anybody else?:
>
>	if __FILE__ == $0
>		... Do stuff ...
>	end

Yes, it does.

Kevin Smith:

> I am always reluctant to add new keywords or methods to
> core classes.

Me too.

> Adding in_main_file increases the total complexity of Ruby,
> which is already a bit more complex than I would like. Just
> my own preference.

Agreed.

But this should not be an excuse to not provide means for writing
code that's simpler to read. We could try to build a library as a first
step, something like (naming to be discussed)

require 'mainfile'
in_main_file { ... }

Those who are bothered by the current implementation (as I am)
could use the library, the others don't have to.

Pit