--- Nathaniel Talbott <ntalbott / rolemodelsoft.com> wrote:
> OK, this will probably end up being an RCR, but first I
> want to get some
> feedback. Does this construct bother anybody else?:
>
> 	if __FILE__ == $0
> 		... Do stuff ...
> 	end

The __FILE__ part doesn't bother me, but the $0 does. How
about just creating an alias for $0? It's the main file,
right? so __MAINFILE__ or $MAIN_FILE or something like that
seems reasonable. I think *ALL* the cryptic perl leftovers
should have friendly aliases, and most already do.

I don't really like the idea of creating a wrapper for the
entire expression.

Kevin