On 9/18/06, bechbox / gmail.com <bechbox / gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm installing FasterCSV (sudo gem install fastercsv) but when I'm
> using it with Rails I get and "uninitialized constant FasterCSV" error.
>
> So - in the gem directory when running rake I get a whole bunch of
> permission errors like:
>
>   1) Error:
> test_append(TestFasterCSVInterface):
> Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - ./test/temp_test_data.csv
>     ./test/tc_interface.rb:16:in `initialize'
>     ./test/tc_interface.rb:16:in `setup'

this is normal.  It looks like JEG2 is testing CSV writing, and you're
writing to a root owned directory.  This can be avoided if james uses
either MockFS or perhaps tempfile, but it's not necessary.  If you
want to run rake against the gem sources, you might just try:

gem unpack fastercsv in your home directory.

I don't think it's a good idea to change the permissions in your
/usr/lib/ruby dir.