On 9/18/06, William Crawford <wccrawford / gmail.com> wrote:
 > everything divided up like that.  The customers at the tech store I
> worked at were not those people. ;)  They all appreciated my answers and
> knowledge, but they really just wanted someone to tell them what to buy.

Why can't my customers be like that? LOL!

I guess a lot depends on your perspective. In my job (senior manager
in a tech company) I'm selling all day long, and not just customers.
Also industry analysts, my own team and my company's owners as well.
And customers have to be persuaded to stay with us, not just make the
initial purchase. So I guess to some extent I do lump all of daily
life in with selling ;-)